Pressure Therapy Research/Evidence
Efficacy of Pressure Garments and Evidence Based Practice
Pressure garments have been widely used since the 1970’s and remain the standard therapy and first line treatment in many centres.
The evidence gathered through international research shows that the early application of pressure therapy garments with the correct wearing regime is successful in helping to control the growth of abnormal scar tissue in problem scarring.
They are successful in producing a flatter, softer more pliable scar which results in an improved cosmetic appearance and reduction of potential contractures.
Jobskin® are committed to on going research and technological advances and supports evidence based practice.
There is a significant amount of experience/results that pressure garments control and improve scarring, please find our reference list below.
If you would like to share your ideas or participate in research/clinical evidence audit studies please contact:
Debra Wright email@example.com
- Management of scar tissue during the maturation process
- Technological Advancements in the management of Hypertrophic Scarring with Silicone and Pressure Therapy
- Pressure Therapy reference list
- Premium™ Lymphoedema reference list
- Current clinicians opinions on the management of hypertrophic and keloid scarring,
Wright, DW & Niszczak, J 2008