SDO® Clinical Specialist
Job Title: SDO® Clinical Specialist
Line Manager: Sales & Marketing Manager
Region: North of England
Package: Salary depending on experience, company car, pension, phone & laptop
Jobskin® is a company that has built its reputation by producing outstanding quality medical products for over 40 years. Leading the way in rehabilitation therapy, we are the largest UK manufacturer of specialist made-to-measure dynamic compression garments for therapy and orthotic professionals. We are dedicated to providing the ultimate in therapy and orthotic management, with the focus on improving the quality of life of each patient. Our long-standing reputation, commitment to the customer and product innovation is unmatched in the market today.
SDO® (Sensory Dynamic Orthosis) is a custom made-to-measure Lycra® product, designed and produced to the finest detail to provide dynamic compression to increase sensory and proprioceptive feedback and provide musculoskeletal support. This garment can assist and lead to motor learning and neural integration. The SDO® can be used for the management of conditions with sensory deficit, low or high tone, hypermobility etc including CP, ABI, Cerebellar Ataxia, Stroke, MS and EDS. The evidence gathered through research and individual case studies have shown that wearing a made-to-measure Lycra® garment leads to an improvement in function. This is thought to be due to the stimulation of the somatosensory system through the proprioceptors of skin and musculoskeletal system leading to changes in tone; postural re-alignment, improved biomechanical advantage for muscle activation and enhancement of learning strategies.
We are looking for an experienced Therapist/Clinician to provide a service to our customers by helping them to have the knowledge and to develop the correct skills for the provision of dynamic compression through Lycra®, our SDO® range of products, and also providing clinics for measuring/fitting of SDO®. You will be joining an experienced team in Sales and Clinical Specialists with a wealth of knowledge in SDO®.
- Report to the Sales & Marketing Manager. The SDO® Clinical Manager will provide training, clinical support and supervision.
- Work closely with the Sales Team who will book clinics and training sessions
- Providing training to clinicians to assess, measure and fit SDO® Lycra® (full training will be provided)
- Provide SDO® Lycra® clinics, to involve patient assessment and measuring/fitting of SDO®, full training will be provided
- Attend relevant national conferences and promote the SDO® range of products
- Interest and enthusiasm in product development and innovation expected
What you will bring
- HCPC registered Occupational Therapist/Orthotist/Physiotherapist with a minimum of 4 years clinical experience
- Adult/paediatric neurological experience would be desirable but we will consider high calibre candidates with relevant specialist experience
- Experience and knowledge in Dynamic Lycra® desirable, however not essential as full training will be provided
- Full UK driving licence is required and the role will involve frequent travel in the North of England and Scotland
This is a permanent position. Salary for this role is dependent on experience. We also offer a generous holiday entitlement, company car, pension and laptop/iPhone/iPad.
Our Head Office is based in Nottingham, but the role will be field based. This is a great opportunity to develop your career within a commercial setting and progression is encouraged.
For further information regarding this role please contact our Sales and Marketing Manager, Rammy Arafa, email@example.com
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to our Sales and Marketing Manager