The British Association of Prosthetists and Orthotists (BAPO) will soon host BAPO 2018, the organisation’s annual conference. Representatives from Jobskin will be in attendance, further improving our knowledge and experience in regard to the fast-developing world of prosthetics and orthotics.
BAPO was established with the aim of encouraging high standards of prosthetic and orthotic practice. The organisation is committed to ‘Continued Professional Development and education to enhance standards of prosthetic and orthotic care’ and is the only UK body that exists to represent the varied interests of prosthetic and orthotic professionals. It also associates members to colleague Allied Health Professionals, employers and sundry other groups that work in the field of prosthetic and orthotic care and treatment. The majority of prosthetists and orthotists in the UK support BAPO as members of the organisation.
BAPO carry out a number of functions in the field, including:
- Lobbying to promote and maintain the clinical excellence of its members and the services provided by those members
- Working closely with all organisations involved with prosthetic and orthotic work
- Producing professional guidelines relating to best practice
- Working within a rigidly-defined and -enforced ethical code
- Organising and delivering the UK’s most important annual prosthetic and orthotic conference
- Managing information and distributing it to members and colleagues
- Developing and running educational courses
- Promoting and enabling Continuing Professional Development for members
- Providing advice and insurance to members
BAPO 2018 will take place from 16th-18th March at Lancashire County Cricket Club, Talbot Road, Manchester M16 OPX. There are plenty of public transport options available and directions to the site by car are provided in full on the BAPO website. For live updates from Jobskin, please follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter for a full report after the event.