What are Gaiters?
Jobskin® gaiters are fabric orthoses with metal inserts for strength, and are fastened around the limb with hook and loop straps. Our gaiters aim to keep the affected limb in a controlled and stabilised extension for rehabilitation and/or provide a prolonged stretch to the limb to reduce contractures; or to passively stretch and support in a different angle of flexion for contractures.
These gaiters are made-to-measure and can feature a choice of drill lining or padded Terry cloth lining.
Standard Drill lining
Deluxe Padded Lining
- To control, stabilise, limit or immobilise an extremity joint
- Reducing pain and discomfort by maintaining or increasing range of movement at the joint
- Restricting the motion of a limb in a particular direction
- Speeding up the rehabilitation process after a limb is fractured or broken and the cast removed
- Extension gaiters for keeping the arm or leg in extension for prolonged stretch / immobilisation. (see Extension Arm Gaiters)
- Flexion gaiters are recommended if flexion is required due to contractures for example (Maximum flexion angle 80 degrees). Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
- Deluxe gaiters feature padded towelling lining for additional comfort and are recommended for prolonged use.
- Extensive pattern choice that is regularly updated.
How to wear Gaiters
- Undo all the hook and loop fastener straps and place on a stable surface with the lining facing upwards. Ensure the top (widest) part of the gaiter is closest to you.
- Carefully straighten the limb as much as possible, and place it onto the gaiter ensuring the narrow part of the gaiter is in line with the wrist or ankle.
- Fold the gaiter around the limb, ensure that the 'tongue' is flattened out beneath the overlapping edge.
- Fasten the hook and loop fasteners securely but do not over tighten. The gaiter should be a comfortable garment to wear and not restrict circulation.
- Flexion Contractures
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (JRA)
- Sprains, strains or weakened joints
- Support during the night
Fabric and colour
**Fabrics are subject to change depending on availability at the time of ordering**
There are no reviews yet.