When to wear your Jobskin® Premium™ Lymphoedema garment
This Premium™ Lymphoedema garment has been expertly measured and designed for the user and must be worn by the user only. It must not be applied to anyone else.
It is important that someone who is experienced in measuring and fitting compression garments fits your garment such as your lymphoedema specialist, who may prescribe and fit you with a compression garment. Your GP can also prescribe garments, but usually only on the advice of your lymphoedema specialist.
It is the responsibility of the treating clinician to review your garment and advise when a new garment is required. It is also advised that garment should be checked by your clinician at least every 3 months for children and 4–6 months for adults to ensure fit and to review progress.
It is advisable that your compression garment is put on first thing in the morning after showering or bathing.
For the best results, it is important to wear your compression garment all day. You can take it off in the following circumstances:
- at night
- when you are lying down and resting
- when you are seated with your legs elevated
- On the first day of wear the Premium™ Lymphoedema garment should be worn for a maximum of 3–4 hours at any one time
- Once you have the compression garment in place, ensure it lays smoothly against your skin and feels snug but not painful
- If after 3–4 hours on the first wearing there are no adverse reactions then gradually increase the wearing time until the minimum recommended wearing time of 6–8 hours is reached, removing them at bedtime
- To obtain maximum benefit from the compression garment it is important that it is worn during waking hours only, as prescribed by a certified clinician (unless any adverse contraindications are identified)
- It is advised that the fit of the garment is reviewed on a regular basis by the clinician to make sure that the desired effect is being achieved