Trainee Machinist - Long Eaton
We are looking for a Trainee Machinist to join our established team. You will be joining an experienced team with a wealth of knowledge in manufacturing bespoke made to measure Lycra® garments.
Jobskin® is a company that has built its reputation by producing outstanding quality medical products for over 40 years. Leading the way in rehabilitation therapy, we are the largest UK manufacturer of specialist custom-made compression garments for therapy and orthotic professionals. We are dedicated to providing the ultimate in therapy and orthotic management, with the focus on improving the quality of life of each patient. Our long-standing reputation, commitment to the customer and product innovation is unmatched in the market today.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- You have basic sewing knoweldge and wish to further your career in garment manufacture
- Your role will involve the production of high quality bespoke pressure garments, working with a range of soft fabrics and elastics.
- You will work closely with the Factory Supervisor and your peers in a friendly working environment
- You will develop your accuracy and sewing skills whilst adhering to our quality standards
- You will report any issues immediately to the supervisor
You will assist with any other tasks as required
- You will be required to follow all health and safety procedures
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Enthusiasm for sewing and/or the medical device industry
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Basic levels of numeracy and literacy
- Good verbal communication
- Eye for detail
- Immediate starts available
- Clean working environment
- Free car parking
Salary for this role is dependent on age and experience
Hours of work:
0730hrs to 1630hrs Monday to Thursday
0730hrs to 1230hrs Friday
We also include holiday entitlement & work place pension
Our Head Office is based in Long Eaton, Nottingham.
For further information regarding this role or to apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to our Factory Supervisor Sue West at: email@example.com or call Customer Services on 0115 973 4300 and ask for Sue.
Closing date: 6th December 2020
Interview date: TBC