Junior Pattern/Garment Technologist – Long Eaton
We are looking for a Junior Pattern / Garment Technologist to join our established team. You will be joining an experienced team with a wealth of knowledge in manufacturing bespoke made to measure Lycra® garments.
A fantastic opportunity for a talented junior Pattern/Garment Technologist to work for one of the leading medical textile companies. A creative individual will have the opportunity to train, be mentored and be moulded into a future star. A passionate designer with an eagerness to learn will see their career progress.
Jobskin® is a company that has built its reputation by producing outstanding quality medical products for over 40 years. Leading the way in rehabilitation therapy, we are the largest UK manufacturer of specialist custom-made compression garments for therapy and orthotic professionals. We are dedicated to providing the ultimate in therapy and orthotic management, with the focus on improving the quality of life of each patient. Our long-standing reputation, commitment to the customer and product innovation is unmatched in the market today.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Possesses an excellent eye for detail and proportions
- You have a good understanding of size specifications and grading rules
- Experience in Gerber/ CAD design is essential
- Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work in a team
- Able to work to deadlines and under own initiative
- You will show a high level of accuracy ensuring that all quality standards are met
- You will assist with any other tasks as required
- You will be required to follow all health and safety procedures
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
You will be responsible for creating first patterns, amendments to existing patterns and liaising with clients for final fit approval of garments prior to production
Creation of size charts and grade increments on the GERBER system
Reviewing grade rules on master patterns and making pattern changes that may be necessary to meet production requirements
Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be comfortable working independently but also as part of a team
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy
- Good verbal communication
- Organised with good housekeeping skills
- Eye for detail
- Immediate starts available
- Clean working environment
- Free car parking
Salary for this role is dependent on age and experience
Hours of work:
0730hrs to 1630hrs Monday to Thursday
0730hrs to 1230hrs Friday
We also include holiday entitlement & work place pension
Our Head Office is based in Long Eaton, Nottingham.
For further information regarding this role or to apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to our Design Manager Rachael Holmes at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Customer Services on 0115 973 4300 and ask for Rachael.
Closing date: 10th December 2020
Interview date: TBC