Donning your Jobskin® Classic™ garment
Please follow the advice of your treating clinician before you wear this Classic™ garment.
IMPORTANT: Please refer to these additional instructions if your garment contains Silon-TEX® inserts.
This device should be fitted and periodically checked by a suitably qualified person only
For all Classic™ garments, please follow the standard instructions below before reading the specific donning instructions for your type of garment:
Donning and Doffing compression garments can be a little challenging at the start but they do stretch after a little wear. There are some general rules to live by that can assist with the garments as follows:
- Read through the instructions for use, paying particular attention to Warnings and Precautions, and Additional Information regarding creams and oils, prior to donning your Classic™ garment.
- Use a silicone or water-based moisturiser and ensure it is dried well into the skin before donning your garment
- It is advisable your garment is put on first thing in the morning and worn for 23 hours, only removing it for bathing purposes
- Your clinician may also advise on aids to help with the donning and doffing of your garment
- Ensure your hands are clean with no sharp fingernails or toenails that may damage the fabric, avoid sticking your fingernails into the fabric when pulling the garment on
- Do not overstretch the material
- Open all zips/fastenings
- Temporarily remove jewellery from hands, wrists and ankles if applicable, whilst donning and doffing your garment. Jewellery such as stone encrusted rings may snag your garment
Lower Extremity Garments
- Check the label on your Classic™ garment for left or right, starting with the garment inside out, tuck the foot portion inside up to the heel and hold with both hands, seam facing down. Pull it up over your foot past the ankle, it should now be right side out. Adjust the garment so that the heel is in place.
Waist High Garments
- Adjust your garment so that it is snug at your midsection. This will keep it from slipping down.
- Slip your hands palm out, into the back and lift it away from your skin. Let it fall back to fit snugly over the buttocks
- Slip your hand through the entire sleeve keeping the seam in line with your little finger, ease the sleeve up your arm. It may be helpful to brace your hand against a wall. If a gauntlet is attached, the seam should run from palm to your hand, then curve over your elbow to your upper arm.
- Adjust the fingers by carefully pulling on the seams until the glove fits snugly into the web spaces between the fingers. Be sure the fabric is smoothed out evenly over the fingers and hand.
Please note: when pressure garments are used to manage children’s facial scarring, it is recommended that an orthodontic review is undertaken beforehand.
- Open closure, hold chin in place by pressing chin against upper sternum or with one hand if you have assistance. Gather fabric and stretch over head. Adjust the facial features, the face mask must have the fabric distributed to fit properly. Adjustment may be made by slipping fingers through openings and placing were desired.
- Open closure, insert one arm at a time, adjust to fit snugly on each arm. Pull the two sides towards the centre and close zip. Make sure fabric is smooth and fitting snugly, when fitted, ensure there is no discomfort especially at the bend of the arms and axilla areas.